Do you want to have one or two semesters in Norway taking courses or doing your master project within Micro and Nano Systems Technology or Electrical Power Engineering? University of South-Eastern Norway (USN) plans to award 6 exchanged scholarships for 1 semester and 6 exchanged scholarships for 2 semesters for master students from HCMUT for the Autumn semester 2020 (or Autumn semester 2020 & Spring semester 2021).
The University of South-Eastern Norway (USN) with 18.000 students and 8 campuses is the fourth-largest university in Norway. USN has a strong focus on applied research and development with a close connection to the regional industry and public sector.
Students from HCMC University of Technology (HCMUT) are welcomed to apply for an exchange period Autumn semester 2020 (or Autumn semester 2020 & Spring semester 2021) at the master programmes in Micro and Nano Systems Technology (Campus Vestfold) and Electrical Power Engineering (Campus Porsgrunn) at University of South-Eastern Norway (USN). More information about the programmes can be found if you check out the links above. When applying, the student should indicate the courses he or she wants to follow (The students should take minimum 30 ETCS credits per semester). If interested in one-year scholarship (Autumn semester 2020 & Spring semester 2021) and/or doing your master projects at USN, please indicate that in your application.
Please find the offered courses in each semester for each specific master programme below. Please choose the right offered courses for your exchange spring/ autumn semester.
• Master in Micro and Nano Systems Technology
• Master in Electrical Power Engineering
• You must choose courses within ONE specific programme on ONE campus, not crossing programmes/campuses.
• If you are choosing to do master project at USN, you can only choose the master programme in Micro and Nano Systems Technology (Campus Vestfold). Please make contact at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in some master project proposals from USN.
• Be enrolled as a master student at either Ho Chi Minh City University of Technology (HCMUT), Faculty of Electrical & Electronic Engineering.
• Have a cumulative grade point average in the BSc grade equivalent to, or better than, a C in the ECTS system.
Admission to the programmes requires a good command of the English language, both spoken and written. An English proficiency equivalent to B2 (Cambridge) level is recommended. USN accepts IELTS with a minimum overall score of 5.5 (Academic test) or TOFEL with a minimum score of 60 (internet-based).
• Micro and Nano Systems Technology: BSc in Engineering in micro/nanosystems technology, electrical/electronic engineering, mechanical engineering, chemical engineering, bioengineering, physics or materials science. In the bachelor degree, the student should have completed at least 25 ETCS in mathematics, a course in electrostatics/electromagnetism and a basic course in analogue electronics.
• Electrical Power Engineering: BSc in electrical/electronic engineering.
Application Deadline and Application Form
The application deadline is 15 April 2020. Kindly include the following documents in your application:
• Application Form
• Your transcripts from HCMUT
• Letter of Motivation
• English proficiency test (maybe forwarded later, within 31 April 2020)
Qualified applicants might be called for interviews shortly after the application deadline.
What Does the Scholarship Cover?
Selected students will be granted an amount not exceeding NOK 52500 (about 5400 €) for the autumn semester 2020/ NOK 62 500 (about 6500 €) for the spring semester 2021. The exchange is part of NORPART partnership program between USN and HCMUT. In addition, visa cost (NOK 5300), and travelling expenses (max. NOK 10 000 in total) will also be covered.
– USN: Associate. Prof. Tung Manh, programme manager, email@example.com
– HCMUT: Dr. Cuong Huynh Phu Minh, firstname.lastname@example.org
– BK-IMP –