Master in Computer Science (Cyber Security)
With the current development, IT (Information Technology) plays an extremely important role. It is present in almost every field, each with its own unique position. In particular, it is necessary to mention the role of information technology in economics, medicine, education, security and life. This development has led to an increase in the demand for security of computer systems, online transactions, information management, etc., therefore, leading to an increase in the demand for human resources in the cyber security industry.
Master of Computer Science is designed to:
- Help leaners improve their professional knowledge and operational skills in the field of Computer Science and Information Technology.
- Provide background knowledge in Computer Science and provide in-depth skills in a specific area of cyber security.
- Prepare the learners to be able to work in a multidisciplinary and multicultural environment with the ability to think as well as the skills in communication, teamwork, and professional ethics.
The Master of Computer Science is operated by the Ho Chi Minh City University of Technology – Vietnam National University Ho Chi Minh City. Developed in the framework of the Erasmus+ Project N. 573901-EPP-1-2016-1-IT-EPPKA2-CBHE-JP, entitled “Bachelor’s and Professional Master’s Degree for development, administration, management, protection of computer systems and networks in enterprises in Moldova, Kazakhstan, Vietnam”, the curriculum is designed with an aim to be compatible to the European Qualifications Framework (EQF) and adaptable to the specific needs of the companies in Cybersecurity.
- The degrees are awarded by HCMUT – Bach Khoa.
- Course duration: 2 years
- Medium of instruction: English
- Tuition Fee: 160,000,000 VND/ course (approx. 7,000 USD)
- Lecturers and instructors are professionals with rich knowledge and experiences in the construction areas. Besides teaching staff from HCMUT – Bach Khoa, there are lecturers from prestigious partner universities of HCMUT – Bach Khoa coming to jointly enrich the program experience for learners.
- Exchange and Double-Degree Master Program with the University of Vigo, Spain: Following the inter-institutional agreement of cooperation concerning the exchange of students for a double-degree program signed between the University of Vigo (UVIGO), Spain and the Ho Chi Minh City University of Technology, selected students from both institutions will have the opportunity to pursue studies at each of the colleges, which will result in the award of a “Master of Engineering in Computer Science, minor in Cyber Security” from HCMUT and a “Master in Cybersecurity” issued by the School of Telecommunication Engineering from the University of Vigo.
Register & Prepare your application
In order to apply for a study program, applicants have to fill in the application form, then submit it together with the following required documents to the BK-IMP Admission Department (email@example.com):
- Application Form (download below);
- Bachelor’s degree & Transcript;
- Most-updated Curriculum Vitae (CV);
- Motivation Letter;
- (if any) IELTS 6.0 or equivalence, & other supportive documents.